|Google news results for Enterprise Mobile (Sep 2015)|
As you can see from the word cloud the hottest topics in enterprise mobility include:
- Management & Security continue to be a leading news topics in the Enterprise Mobile space.
- Business & Market feature heavily this month showing continued push by industry to meeting the demands of the enterprise.
- Apple - is elevated in the top news this month thanks to major releases and a concerted push into the the enterprise space.
- Apps continue to remain one of the most searched mobile topics. It's no surprise given enterprises have embraced mobile applications long before they became popular for consumers. The term "App" these days is increasingly used interchangeably between web apps and native apps.
- Adobe's applications featured in Apple's releases e.g. iPad Pro. Additionally Adobe, Apple, Google, & Intel are in the news for the $415M Anti-Poaching settlement
- Apple nearly topped the news word cloud this month with its announcements. IOS9's enterprise features along with iPad Pro plus Tim Cook talking up Enterprise Mobility. Additionally Adobe, Apple, Google, & Intel are in the news for the $415M Anti-Poaching settlement
- Blackberry purchased Good Technology for $425M (which equals one less vendor in this list!) and plenty of news about Blackberry's use of Android.
- Google announced two new Nexus phones and updates to Google Docs. Additionally Adobe, Apple, Google, & Intel where in the news for the $415M Anti-Poaching settlement
- HP news included articles on a network partnership with Ericsson, company restructuring, and new security products.
- IBM acquired StrongLoop and was noted for delivering on their partnership with Box.
- Kony announced the results of the latest Forester wave report and expansion into a new office.
- Microsoft received a lot of press relating to the enterprise including the latest Surface Pro announcements, Office 2016, and acquisition of Adallom.
- Mobile Iron - alignment with IOS9 & a new SVP of Worldwide sales.
- Oracle - in the news this month primarily for cloud & related SOA/API announcements
- Salesforce - partnership with Axsy a SAAS Order to Cash solution.
- Samsung - VMware partnership + Gear S2, and 950 Pro SSD announcements.
- SAP - VMware ACE Community, Mobile Secure, and Vora Hadoop.
Compared to last month (when consumer announcements dominated) there was an increased focus on Enterprise Mobility from many of the major industry players. Let's hope this trend continues and all users can benefit from advances in technology. If you have any news in the enterprise mobile space or feel another vendor or topic should be included in this roundup please let me know.
Disclaimer: Adam works for SAP, his opinions are his own, and all data in this article is sourced from the public domain, thanks Google.