In this month's round-up of the hottest topics in mobile computing, we are covering the action packed month of March. There are a several changes in the most popular keywords and vendors from previous editions. First a quick nod to Google & WordClouds and the usual completely unsanctioned ETD (extract, transform, and display) process.
This month HP, HPE and Cisco have moved up in popularity (see word cloud for what I mean). But there is no denying that as usual Apps, Security, and Windows are still pretty hot topics with a large share of news articles. The key topics in Enterprise Mobility this month are:
- Apps, apps, apps - this month helping to drive 'apps news' announcements Microsoft's bluetooth unlock, Appthority, Okta, Google, and more. If you are talking mobile computing then apps is where its at from a keyword POV.
- Management & security - when it comes to Enterprise Mobility these topics continue to be at the forefront. This month there are plenty of partnership announcements (e.g. Okta & box), product releases (e.g. Asavie & Radicati), and news including the ongoing encryption topic fueled by the FBI/Apple debate.
- HP & HPE have moved up this month with product releases, partnerhsips, machine learning, security,
- Cisco - are right up there this month with plenty of articles covering: Digital Network Architecture, Enterprise Collaboration, and aquisitions.
- Adobe - Adobe summit drove plenty of articles this month and Mobility talked up by CEO Shantanu Narayen.
- Apple - several vunerability articles this month, retail product releases for SE & Pro, FBI discussions continue and the news that the FBI gained access without assistance, plus I finally watched the Steve Jobs movie on the plane - quite liked it :)
- Blackberry - driving the Enterprise Management message, PRIV on android, Facebook dropping Blackberry.
- Cisco - New to the list this month with aquisitions of CliQr, Jasper, Leaba. Plenty of news from the Cisco partner summit driving the popularity of the Cisco keyword.
- Google (Alphabet) - N Developer, Analytics, Fi, & mobile payments are making the press this round.
- HP & HPE - product releases (e.g. Elite x3, 380), machine learning, security offerings, investment news, and plenty of analyst articles covering the keywords HP, HPE, and Hewlett Packard.
- IBM - Articles on MobileFirst & Bluemix strategies, Indosat Ooredoo deal, Groupon patent case.
- Kony - product updates e.g. Visualizer, and customer announcements are making the news this month.
- Microsoft - much speculation on Windows 10, AI chatbot made plent of news for the wrong reasons, SQL Server on Linux,
- MobileIron - mostly analyst articles & custom announcements this month
- Oracle - plenty of analyst articles & the ongoing Java/Android case,
- Samsung - S7 release, and a wide variety of topics from 6Flags VR coaster to new memory releases.
- SAP - teaming up with Vodafone for IOT, investment news, newly created CSO role.