|Enterprise Mobile News (May 2016)|
There are some movements in the key topics with a lot more buzz around Apple, SAP, Windows, and Android than we've seen in the last few editions. The key topics in Enterprise Mobility are:
- Security - when it comes to Enterprise Mobility security is always right up there in popularity. No change this edition with plenty of vendor & analysts articles.
- Apple & SAP - announced a partnership for enterprise applications and an SDK. I'm happy to say that the company I work for is featuring front and centre this month.
- Windows & Android - both also featured strongly in the last month thanks primarily to EMM topics.
- Adobe - announcements and blogs covering Adobe Experience Manager, partners and apps.
- Apple - certainly most attention went to the SAP & Apple partnership which adds to Apple's enterprise involvement with IBM & Cisco. In additon announcements included a Bangalore based Design & Development centre & the DiDi Chuxing App.
- Blackberry - partner program change, market, and customer announcements.
- Google (Alphabet) - plenty of news from I/O including AI, Virtual reality + Eric's in the news for being an iPhone user.
- HP & HPE - update on the CSC merger, new HP venture group, and IOT.
- IBM - storage memory breakthrough, blockchain, cloud based quantum computing.
- Kony - customer announcements and 451 analysis.
- Microsoft - partnership with Citrix, mobile job cuts, docs.microsoft.com, and the usual analyst articles and blogs.
- MobileIron - telco channel sale announcements & Rooms app.
- Oracle - Java battle with Google is featuring heavily + customer announcements and purchase of Opower
- Samsung - usual leaks and rumors surrounding new devices, Huawei lawsuit, & Gear VR uptake.
- SAP - Big news of course is the partnership with Apple and the associated SDK.