|Enterprise Mobile News results (Jan/Feb 2016)|
Of course MWC in Barcelona and Apple's discussion with the FBI add a bit of spice to the last couple of months. Samsung has moved up a little in this edition however Apps, Security, and Windows are still the hottest topics with the largest share of news articles. The key topics in Enterprise Mobility this month are:
- Apps, apps, apps - if you are interested in mobile you should be aware that the term apps typically features top of all searches, news, and marketing efforts.
- Microsoft & Windows - this time topics include the procurement of Xamarin, Enterprise State Roaming, Universal Apps, HP's Elite X3
- Management & security - when it comes to Enterprise Mobility these topics continue to be at the forefront. In recent news AppConfig.org is worth a mention as a community/partner based approach to standardising EMM integration for enterprise applications.
- Adobe - Experience Manager Mobile announcement, ColdFusion and Reader updates
- Apple - Partnership with IBM has SWIFT in the Cloud, Who is bigger Alphabet or Apple?, iOS 9.3 Sharing & Education features look promising, and of course Apple vs FBI.
- Blackberry - EMM partnership with Microsoft for BES Azure support.
- Google (Alphabet) - Who is bigger Apple or Alphabet?, Glass 2, SkyBender, mobile commenting in apps.
- HP & HPE - Elite X3 device announcement, partnership with Microsoft from CPM in the cloud, AppPulse upgrades,
- IBM - Partnership with Apple for SWIFT in the cloud, purchase of Ustream & Aperto
- Kony - appears primarily in industry & analyst articles along with customer announcements
- Microsoft - EMM partnership with Blackberry for BES Azure support
- MobileIron - appearing primarily in industry and analyst articles
- Oracle - partnership with Samsung for app development, purchase of Ravello
- Samsung - product announcements (e.g. S7, Gear S2, 256GB UFS), Android for Work (AFW), partnership with Oracle,
- SAP - purchase of Roambi, Lenovo partnership, along with analyst and customer announcements.